RENOVATION: KING HOME
2008: View on HOUZZ
For this renovation the clients wanted to update their home which required some structural changes as well as refresh every room.
- We created a new kitchen area, re positioning it within the home so that it looked over the pool and took in the whole outdoor setting.
- Updated and rearranged the main bedroom as well as the en-suite and robe.
- A whole new area was created in the downstairs with a games room / studio and a laundry.
- Upstairs we created a new bar and entertainment area and opened up the lounge room.
- Outside we built an outdoor fireplace and outdoor entertaining area.
- Added a dedicated media room.
In the kitchen, the client was set on having a 'timber' kitchen with a walk in pantry, accessible to the kitchen through a sliding hatch. We used black Corian as our bench tops so that we could have no joins on the entire surface, with a black splash of Bisazza black and gold tiles.
To not disturb the view (which extends to the pool and outdoor fireplace) we put in pipe style range hoods. The lazy susan chopping board set into the Corian bench top was created from a portion of the original timber bench-tops in the house.
In the en-suite we created a custom door using embroidered silk between the glass to obscure the view into the bathroom whilst giving off a 'lead-light' feel reflecting a soft rose colour.
Storage is a main feature of the House Bathroom. We placed a pantry system to fully use the space over the laundry shoot for storage of towels and toiletry products. I wanted them to be able to sit in the bath and see the pool area - so put a long louver window down one side of the room, and one high set fixed window (to ensure privacy while bringing in light and allowing you to take in the view).
CHALLENGES: Were around the structure of the buildings retaining walls, water proofing and creating a stairwell because that meant altering the existing slab.
This home was featured in the Sunshine Coast Weekender Magazine October 2014.
Builder - Will Willson of Mackay Services.
Photos: Jodi McDonald